1. my mom was visiting over the weekend. it was wonderful, truly. we had some difficult but meaningful conversations and i only got sulky for a few minutes.
2. i got new glasses this past week. they are bifocals. well, progressive lenses, but whatever i call them it means i’m getting old. kind of looking forward to it, actually.
3. my purse is huge and filled with nonessentials, but i can generally find anything in it immediately. except keys and phone.
4. my dog has lost about 6 pounds of muscle mass in the past six months due to his degenerative myelopathy. he’s fading.
5. my house is clean, well, the downstairs is clean, and i really, really, REALLY want to keep it this way. it feels so much better.
6. i did laundry today and actually folded some of it. one day soon i’ll make it to the closet.
7. i’m going through a difficult time. you know, personal growth shit. a big surrender is coming, but right now i am scrabbling grasping holding tight to some old ideas that no longer serve me.